Identifying, Assessing and Supporting Learners with Dyscalculia – Corwin Ltd (Paperback) Kathleen Kelly (author)
It is vital to understand the challenges and provide the right support for learners with dyscalculia and specific learning difficulties in mathematics.
The book provides:
* an overview of current research explaining the nature and causation of dyscalculia
* guidance on the identification of dyscalculia
* examples of how to carry out informal and formal assessments
* an explanation of the principles of multisensory mathematics teaching
* an outline of a structured programme (for learners aged 5-14), together with examples of lesson planning and activities.
Designed for teachers specialising in the assessment and teaching of learners with dyscalculia, and those undertaking courses leading to Approved Teacher Dyscalculia (ATD) and Associate Membership of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA), the book is useful to any professional looking for an understanding of this area of specific difficulty.